Wednesday, June 19, 2013

bryan blog, day 5

June 12, day 5

We finished teaching the Smart Choices program today. I enjoyed being able to teach about God & having a relationship with God through Jesus.  13 students committed their lives to Jesus for the 1st time today, that's awesome!  The Smart Choices program is a great way to introduce the Gospel to young people. The 3 days of teaching was very fun & a great experience for me.
I even got a little choked up when I gave a quick good-bye speech.  I'll miss the students, there were awesome, we had a lot of laughs. I hope I get to see them again in the future!
Glynn, Mark, Judy, Julie, Melissa & I had a great debriefing session back @ the house tonight.  We talked about different ways we can improve the program with social media, getting more local Pastors involved & being more intentional with a discipleship program for the students.  It's a lot of work but it can be done & it will be a blessing for the students.  After that, we just hung out to talk, laugh & just enjoy each other's company.  Great way to end the day!
I wrote a letter of encouragement for Mandla & I also wrote down around 45 verses for him to read & memorize. I hope & pray it will be helpful for him as his journey with Jesus.  I'm looking forward to keeping in contact with him on a consistent basis.
Happy Birthday to our teammate & friend, Melissa!

No comments: