Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day 17-18, Sat & Sun Aug 2nd & 3rd-Bryan Watanabe

This is the last day for Mitch, Melissa & I. It's been an awesome time in South Africa and Zimbabwe. This year was more fun for me & overall a better experience. Sad that my time is done but looking forward to being with my family again. :)
After breakfast we checked out of the Concord & headed back to the beach. Glynn drive us around Durban than we headed back to the beach & curio shops one more time.
Glynn & Judy were relaxing in the sun, Mitch & Bianca hung out at Mugg & Bean while I went down to the curio shops with Melissa. No one went into the water today, haha.
Around 11am we headed to the airport to catch a quick flight to Johannesburg. The man sitting next to me came on the plane smelling like alcohol. He drank 1.5 beers then he actually passed out. We tried to wake him up when we landed but it didn't work. The employees finally got him to wake up & he joined us on the tram. Everyone in the tram clapped as he got in, it was funny.
Mark Carey (Melissa's dad) met us at Johannesburg to finish out the last 2 weeks of the Smart Choices program. We had a 6hr layover before heading home so we were able to have some hang time with Mark. I know it was nice for him & Melissa for sure.
We all said our goodbyes & the team is now down to 4 to finish in Pretoria & Zambia. I know Glynn, Judy, Mark & Bianca will have fun the next 2 weeks.
Mitch, Melissa & I made it safely to New York after a 15.5 hr flight. Unfortunately there was a mistake and Melissa wasn't booked on the same flight with Mitch & I to LAX. It was a bummer we had to say goodbye at JFK instead of at LAX.
Mitch & I are around 30 min from LAX now. Luckily the flight on JetBlue has wifi so I've been uploading photos on FB & I'm able to finish my final blog post. :)
Looking forward to working more with Beacon of Hope and the Smart Choices program in the future. God is opening some doors for that too. :)

No comments: